Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Holidays!

The Holidays are Upon Us! Everybody PANIC!! haha!
Sigh... I truly miss my blog and my coffee adventures. But I'm about to embark on a new adventure! (Drum Roll Please) My boyfriend and I are about to join the ranks of NY Apartment Hunters! We are finally leaving his family's home and hope to move out by the end of January!

It took me a little longer than I wanted to find that 2nd job. I broke my foot in August and didn't want to start looking until after I was all healed up. I ended up finding a retail job around mid-October, and I've been there almost 2 months now! I actually work in Grand Central Station! (pics to come)
On top of that, I received a promotion (and partial raise) at my regular 9-5! I'm hoping to receive the next part of my raise sometime in December, but we'll see. Tricky business that. All in all, it's been exciting and stressful the last few months.

I also got braces in September, which set me back about $3k, even with dental insurance! Yikes!
All together, I'm still about $25k in debt (including credit, student loans, & my braces), but the good news is I've actually been able to save some money and we are going to use that to fund our new apartment! No more subletting! My name will actually be on the lease of a one-bedroom apartment (a real one with a living room and everything) and  maybe even within walking distance of Prospect Park! It will cut my commute in half, a park to run in, no more roommates... and I am beyond thrilled!

Also, I have a plan to get rid of my credit card debt by October 2013!
I just have to keep my weekend job until then... sigh.

I'm a little afraid to weigh myself. Since I got the promotion and started working weekends, I've done nothing but work, and my weight-loss has gone out the window. I was only 4 pounds from my goal weight too! But it will all be worth it to get rid of the weight of my debt! I just have to remember not to go overboard with Christmas or furnishing our new digs!

We haven't even got the place yet but I'm already researching how we'll decorate it! I'm thinking I should document and post about our apartment hunting experience... for those thinking of moving up here. Be Warned! I did move 5 times in one year and I consider myself a bit of an expert in the moving arena but actually signing a lease will be a first for me!

Can't wait to share the fun! Happy Holidays to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment